If you are from India or Brazil then you must have heard or used or even once addicted to it before you ditched it for Facebook. During my college days, I used it extensively to stay in touch with my family and friends and share photos with them, then Facebook happened and we almost forgot it, at least I never even thought about it from last 4 years. Lately, Google reminded me that they are closing it. Yes, they are officially closing it on September 30, 2014.
I know you are not worried at all (like me) but, you may like to download all your old photos and other contents like profile, scraps, testimonials, and your activities. You’ll get it as a ZIP file containing HTML files and all your photos. Good news is that you can export all your photo albums from Orkut to Google+.
Its very Simple To Download Your Orkut Information –
- Visit Google Takeout page.
- Go to Choose services and then select Orkut.
- Choose the option Create archive.
- It’ll take some time for the archive to get ready. You’ll also be noticed by email when it is ready.
- When it is ready, you can click Download to have a backup of your Orkut Information.
You also like to Export your photo albums from Orkut to Google+
- Sign into your Google+ account.
- Go to http://www.orkut.com/AlbumsExport.
- Click each album you want to export or Select all.
- Click Import selected.
Note: By default, the albums you export to Google+ will be set as private and only you will be able to see them.