Imagine yourself at your workplace. You’re working on this project in which you’ve been struggling to come up with the solution as desired by your client. This has delayed your shipping date.
You feel as if you’re stuck in a rut. You’re mind gets cluttered by clouds of hopelessness. And then you are assigned more deliverables to ship.
“I’m overwhelmed by all this work and information.”
If this is the kind of self-talk you do with yourself, then please read along the 5 unmistakable ways to overcome the work load overwhelm.
1. See how far you’ve come – Often we worry too much about the future than living in the present moment. Take a break to analyze your past actions and the results derived out of it. Do a meta analysis of where you’re at right now, and then plan your next steps. Along the way, do remember to pat yourself in the back as you find yourself accomplishing small feats.
2. Acknowledge your procrastination – Take a moment to calculate how your time adds up throughout the week. There are 168 of it and we all get the same number of hours. If you haven’t been able to get any good progress on the project that you’ve been working on, it’s likely that you have been expending your time in doing other things which are not even remotely related to what you want to accomplish from your work. If you’re confused, try this 2-minute rule to beat procrastination.
3. Ask the ‘Why’ – If you’re on board in a project and have everything planned out, but you still find yourself stuck without any effect, it could be that you don’t like the cause of the project. And thus the effect is not as desired by you. If you haven’t been able to motivate yourself to get to work and start shipping then ask yourself, “Why am I doing this?” The human brain is motivated to take actions towards a particular task if it has a strong why.
4. Exercise and Healthy Diet – What do you feed your body? What’s your physical activity level? These are basic questions you should ask and do a brief analysis. Health should be the number one priority if you want to do remarkable stuff in this world. And when it comes to health, one need not radically make a change in his/her diet. An apple a day and a few pushups/burpees/jumping jacks is often a good start to the day.
5. Keep Moving Forward – The past is gone and you can do nothing more about it but learn from it. The future is yet to come and it can be bright if you’re willing to put up with the wee days and keep moving forward. Stay focused and keep taking actions. Because you already know why you are doing this. You’ve acknowledged your habit of procrastination. Now that you’re true to yourself, do some meditation and then get back to shipping.
Give a shot at the above 5 steps and if it works for you, please feel free to share it with your friends.
Have an unbelievable today.
Image Credits: www.dbgrand.com