One of the reasons why I hate blackberry is that it does not allow me to access internet without its standard BIS plan. Without it, I cannot use WhatsApp which has become an essential app for direct communication with my friends and contacts.
But since everything has a way, I found my way to use WhatsApp without BIS plan.
Here’s how you can use WhatsApp in your Blackberry without BIS plan:
- Go to Menu –> Options –> Advanced Options –> TCP/IP
- Here, you’ll need to enter your APN manually. Different mobile carriers have different APN’s. Google is the most trusted and informative source to retrieve information related to APN’s. Some of them are:
- Airtel – airtelgprs.com
- Vodafone – www or portalnmms or web
- Idea – internet
- BSNL – celloneportal
- MTNL – mmsmtnlmum or gprsmtnlmum
- If you didnt see APN for your Mobile Company / Country. Here’s the Complete List of APN (Wordwide)
- This may disable – BlackBerry Browser, BlackBerry Email, BB Messenger and other apps made by RIM BlackBerry.
- But the good news is that you can now go to the Blackberry App World and install WhatsApp.
- If you don’t have the Blackberry App World, you can always install it via Wi-Fi connection.